Saturday 20 March 2021

20th March 2021: Introduction to the Year and to the Blog

What a year it has been. 

Today is the first day of spring and thus the Kibtisk year. Happy New Year Kibtzones!

Last year Kibtisk New Year began on 22nd March, but in the last year a lot of Kibtisk things have been reviewed and revised, including the calendar, so now the year starts on 20th March instead. 

On 22nd March last year, I remember going to a quiet space in some public gardens nearby and sitting under a tree in my favourite spot and journalling, wondering what the coming year would bring. The next day, the UK entered its first Coronavirus lockdown. As I write this, we are slowly preparing to emerge from our third lockdown of the year. 

I had no idea as I wrote in my journal what the coming year would bring for the world, and whilst I've been extremely fortunate to have spent lockdown at home in the countryside in one of the least affected parts of England, I know I am among the lucky few. My thoughts and prayers are with those whose year has been one of suffering. 

I also wouldn't have thought Kibtisk would have changed so much in the past year either. Almost everything about it had changed.

This time last year I had a different blog: Kibtisk Hub, which is no longer active. The past year I've really chewed over what I was trying to put out there the first time: the Kibtisk conlang, the notions and philosophy, the spirituality, the culture. I have managed to break it down into different segments and am in the process of putting it all online. 

This blog though will be where I come to share my more personal thoughts as I practise the Kibtisk Way and also to serve as a pointer to the websites: Kibtisk Hub and Learn Kibtisk, once they're online.

One of the things I will be focusing on is what is known as the Kibtisk Method. This is a methodical approach to practising the Kibtisk Way, and was one of the aspects of the old blog which I felt was hardest to understand and adopt. I wasn't really using the Method myself either, and so struggled to convey it in words.

As I mentioned, I reviewed and revised everything during the past year and so now I have decided to begin practising the Method to see if there is any validity behind it as a practical approach to the Kibtisk Way. Since the Kibtisk Method follows the Kibtisk calendar I'm starting today, on the first day of the Kibtisk year. 

The Method requires weekly practice and so I will try to post on a weekly basis with my reflections and updates. I will also post about other aspects of the Kibtisk Way which I am practising as well as explanations of the Method. 

Otherwise, that's all for now. Happy New Year everyone! And I hope this upcoming year is better than the last.

I will be posting soon with a brief explanation of the Kibtisk Method and the Calendrical Device used to keep track of it: the kurene. 

For consistent updates why not follow me on Twitter and Instagram @kibtiskhub? You can also join the community on Reddit: r/Kibtisk.

Until next time!
Ihra!
Petre - Kibtisk Practitioner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midyear Review of the Kibtisk Method

The Kibtisk year began on 20th March, and so now 6 months in, it is time for a midyear review. Before I begin, I'd like to point out tha...